For English speaking writers living in Andalucia, Hannah offers a popular fortnightly writing group. This relaxed and informal gathering takes place every other Tuesday morning. The writing group offers the following for budding writers:
- Development of short stories for publication
- Improvement of technique on dialogue, plot, characterisation and style
- Individual written feedback for each assignment
- Support and encouragement within a friendly group network
- Discipline, structure and deadlines
- Information about competitions, how to submit stories, how to pitch articles etc
- Enjoyment and fun with your writing
As a further incentive Hannah publishes the best short stories in the English coastal magazine, The Market Place, which has a readership in excess of 30,000 and is distributed from Nerja. Stories are also read out on local radio, Radio Sol de Almijara.
For many of these writers this is the first time they are published. The self-esteem and confidence boost that this generates acts as a platform for wider success.
For a super write-up of Hannah's writing group please go to Magazine Reviews